- Identify and interpret the components of a prescription label.
- List and explain the procedures for assistance with oral and topical forms of medications (including ophthalmic, otic and nasal forms), including the “five rights” of medical administration.
- Identify and define the side effects for medication classes and discuss procedures to follow if residents experience side effects or adverse reactions.
- Describe conditions that require additional clarification for “as needed” prescription orders.
- Identify medication orders that require judgment, and may prevent the CNA from assisting residents with medication.
- Explain and list types of information and details that must be reported on the medication observation record.
- List the requirements and procedures for medication storage and disposal.
Find Assistance With Self-Administered Medications in your state