About the Course
Audience: This course is intended to share information with all Florida nurses, so they know Florida laws related to domestic violence. This course is also presented so that nurses will better understand the concept of domestic violence and will know how to better care for patients who are at risk of, or who have been targets of, domestic violence.
- Review Florida’s definition of domestic violence.
- Explain PTSD as a sequela of domestic violence.
- Analyze the effects of domestic violence on specific populations.
- Discuss domestic violence mandatory licensure requirements for the state of Florida.
- Identify laws that impact domestic violence.
About the Author
Marquetta Flaugher, Ph.D., APRN-BC
Marquetta Flaugher, Ph.D., ARNP-BC is an advanced registered nurse practitioner who currently works at the Bay Pines VA Healthcare System in Bay Pines, Florida. She is an ANCC-certified family nurse practitioner and a psychiatric mental health nurse. She has given numerous presentations on domestic violence via publications and national presentations. She is co-chair of the Advanced Practice Council at the facility where she works and is a member of several professional nurse practitioner organizations. She teaches master’s level leadership courses online at Southern New Hampshire University and teaches online nurse practitioner courses at Chamberlain University.
Find Domestic Violence Florida in your state