About the Course
Upon completion of this course, the student will master the following objectives:
- Define terminology related to infection prevention and control.
- Discuss the process of infectious disease, including the source of infectious agents, modes of transmission, host susceptibility, and stages of infection.
- Discuss common healthcare-associated infections, including risk factors for development of these infections, and organisms causing these infections.
- Discuss the term multiple drug-resistant organism, including the effect of these infectious agents on infection prevention and control.
- Outline types of bloodborne pathogens and how they spread in healthcare settings.
- Discuss the role of national agencies in maintaining public health and security.
- Describe how infection control prevention concepts are applied in professional practice.
- Discuss immunization programs in place in the United States and the role these programs play in infection prevention and control.
Find Infection Control: Standards for Nursing Practice in your state