This online course consists of:
- Name and distinguish between the ways HIV can and cannot be spread.
- List the precautions recommended by the CDC to prevent transmission of HIV to health care personnel in the workplace.
- List the factors affecting risk for transmission of HIV in general and among health care workers in particular.
- Identify three primary groups of people who require education on HIV.
- Identify population targets for HIV testing.
- Define and describe the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s new initiative.
- List four key strategies for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s new initiative.