Skip to content
Understanding Enabling Behavior and How to Address It
About the Course
About the Author
- Explain the definition of enabling behavior and give five examples and research on codependency.
- Summarize the elements of enabling behavior
- Discuss current strategies related to behavior change.
- Review and discuss family dynamics related to enabling behavior.
- Explain techniques to address and stop enabling behavior (from the perspective of a counselor dealing with addiction and enabling and the perspective of the person who is enabling a loved one).
- Describe existing myths about enabling behavior and the myths about therapy.
- Identify the elements of confrontation and explain how to use them.
Wade T. Lijewski, Ph.D.