About the Course
Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate the spirit of Motivational Interviewing (MI).
- Give examples of the four basic client-centered skills in MI (OARS).
- Describe five elements of Change Talk (DARN-C).
- Apply five techniques of Reinforcing Change Talk (DEARS).
- Formulate tools for developing a change plan.
- Integrate MI with other treatment and intervention methods.
About the Author
Alison R. Solomon, MSS, LCSW
Alison Solomon has over 25 years of experience as a psychotherapist, consultant, frontline worker, administrator, adjunct faculty member and writer. She has published numerous articles and chapters in various peer-reviewed journals and has presented at both national and international conferences. She is enthusiastic about education and training and has provided guidance to other professionals from all sectors of the mental health profession. She enjoys utilizing what she has learned in her many years of education and experience to produce quality professional development material for other practitioners within the psychology industry.