About the CourseThis course consists of:
- Identify and put into perspective the number of drug induced deaths in the U.S.
- List some of the costs to society from drug abuse.
- List some of the identified global environmental impacts from drug production.
- Name the source nations for many drugs prone to abuse.
- List the National Drug Control Strategy Goals for 2015.
- Identify trends in drug abuse by youths.
- Learn key facts about club drugs.
- Learn key facts about cocaine and crack cocaine.
- Learn key facts about hallucinogens.
- Learn key facts about inhalants.
- Learn key facts about marijuana.
- Learn key facts about methamphetamine.
- Learn key facts about the abuse of prescription drugs.
About the Author
Kathryn Brohl, LMFT
Kathryn Brohl, LMFT, a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, has worked in for-profit and non-profit social services for over thirty-five years. Author of six books that include two best sellers, and the first book in the U.S. for parents of molested children, Ms. Brohl has lectured and key-noted on trauma-informed care and other work-related topics throughout the US, Canada, and Australia. She has been an administrator, consultant, trainer, private practitioner, and front-line worker, and has been interviewed in national periodicals such as USA Today, Parents' Magazine, Children's Voice, as well as The Washington Post, Miami Herald, and Florida Times-Union. Ms. Brohl has written and implemented several start-up programs during her career, that include a large child welfare system, intensive outpatient, and mental health programs, to name a few.