About the Course
- Assess obesity statistics that drive current awareness of the obesity problem within the United States;
- Identify causes of obesity in children;
- Describe effects of childhood obesity;
- Calculate body mass index (BMI); and
- Recognize current initiatives and treatment for obesity in children.
About the Author
Kathryn Brohl, LMFT
Kathryn Brohl, LMFT, a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, has worked in for-profit and non-profit social services for over thirty-five years. Author of six books that include two best sellers, and the first book in the U.S. for parents of molested children, Ms. Brohl has lectured and key-noted on trauma-informed care and other work-related topics throughout the US, Canada, and Australia. She has been an administrator, consultant, trainer, private practitioner, and front-line worker, and has been interviewed in national periodicals such as USA Today, Parents' Magazine, Children's Voice, as well as The Washington Post, Miami Herald, and Florida Times-Union. Ms. Brohl has written and implemented several start-up programs during her career, that include a large child welfare system, intensive outpatient, and mental health programs, to name a few.