About the Course
- Discuss fetal alcohol syndrome and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
- Assess the prevalence of fetal alcohol syndrome and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
- Analyze potential risk factors and characteristics of fetal alcohol syndrome and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
- Summarize appropriate services for fetal alcohol spectrum disorders patients and their families.
- Apply prevention and treatment methods related to alcohol exposed related disorders.
- Examine implications of future research efforts.
About the Author
Marvin C. Chaffin, II, M.S., LMCH
Marvin C. Chaffin, II, M.S., LMCH, a licensed Mental Health Counselor for over 10 years, is the Director of Lakeview Center in Pensacola, FL where he serves as co-chair of the Clinical Practice Committee and chairperson of the Clinical Training Committee. Mr. Chaffin obtained his Master of Science degree in Counseling and Human Development from Troy State University. His experience includes management of adult substance abuse treatment facilities, extensive experience in behavioral health accreditation standards, as well as expertise in formulating systems and protocols to facilitate ease of access to service. He is a firm believer in the recovery process and a staunch advocate for individuals with addictive disorders.