- Estimate the prevalence of medication errors in the United States according to the Institute of Medicine's 1999 report.
- Identify the responsibilities of a dentist or dental health care attendant when an adverse event occurs.
- Define the following terms:
- Sentinel event.
- Root-cause analysis.
- Adverse event.
- Medical error.
- Medication error.
- Name three organizations that collect adverse event reports.
- Name three databases of adverse event reporting.
- Describe the objectives and sequence of events in a root-cause analysis.
- Define a dental device and explain its risk potential.
- List examples of the most common dental-related adverse events.
Find Dental Office - Preventing Medical Errors in your state