- Assess changes that ought to be implemented in existing infection control practices to conform with standardized guidelines.
- Describe standards for sterilization and disinfection based on the type of instrument that is being used.
- Adapt current practices to minimize the risk of cross contamination and injury during sterilization.
- Discuss the guidelines on instrument sharpening.
- Explain proper storage mechanisms for instruments after sterilization and prior to patient use, as well as how these vary depending on the type of sterilization method or packaging used.
- Demonstrate proper disinfection, maintenance, and sterilization of a motorized handpiece.
Find Instrument Sterilization and Maintenance Tips for Dental Staff in your state
- New Jersey