- Identify medical emergencies that may occur in a dental practice.
- Recognize symptoms of specific medical conditions.
- Describe warning signs that can occur before a medical emergency.
- Identify situations that should cause a delay in dental care.
- Describe how to position a patient who is experiencing a medical emergency.
- Define an office emergency action plan.
- List essential equipment and medications that should be kept in an in-office emergency kit.
Find Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office in your state