- Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe oral symptoms found in individuals who are exposed to marijuana smoke.
- List the names of three pharmaceutical drugs available on the market that contain marijuana-derived products.
- List examples of medical conditions where a patient may choose to use marijuana to manage their symptoms.
- Identify situations where dental procedures may be contraindicated due to cannabis use.
- Develop appropriate medical questionnaires and interview processes for their practice to screen for medicinal (or recreational) marijuana use in patients.
- Implement a home-care regimen for patients to minimize the dental side effects of marijuana use.
- Provide examples of why patients may want to consider giving up smoking cannabis.
Find Medicinal Marijuana Use by the Dental Patient in your state
- New Jersey