Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Express ways to utilize preventative planning techniques for patients approaching their senior years.
- Explain the responsibilities and duties of long-term care facilities related to daily oral care and maintenance.
- Evaluate traditional care-planning modifications as they pertain to the function and dietary needs of older individuals.
- Discuss dexterity concerns typically found in older patients and list modifications that may be appropriate.
- List factors that may call for prioritizing dental needs differently than for younger, healthier patients.
- Name common misconceptions about tooth retention, loss and geriatric oral health.
Find Oral Health Considerations for Geriatric Patients in your state
- New Jersey