- Choose appropriate instruments during prophylactic and therapeutic care appointments.
- Evaluate the health of tissues surrounding dental implant abutments.
- Determine appropriate home care methods for patients that wear implant-supported prosthesis.
- Create a re-care plan that is appropriate to the implant patient’s needs.
- Identify appropriate oral hygiene aids in addition to traditional toothbrush and floss.
- Calculate instrumentation techniques to be used on implant patients receiving periodontal scaling and root planing.
- Adapt probing methods as necessary from traditional periodontal probing to altered pocket charting that is implant-specific.
- List types of implant-supported denture options used frequently in dentistry.
- Determine how frequently radiographs should be taken on a patient with a fixed implant prosthesis.
Find Professional Care and Patient Maintenance of Implant-Supported Dentures in your state