- Identify the primary ways pediatric dentistry differs from treating adults.
- List the goals of behavior guidance.
- List and describe the main components and objectives of the dental consultation.
- List four nonpharmacological behavior guidance strategies and explain what is involved in each method.
- Discuss some of the pros and cons of having parents present during treatment.
- Explain why nitrous oxide is typically preferred over protective stabilization as an advanced behavior guidance strategy.
- List contraindications and potential adverse effects for nitrous oxide/oxygen inhalation.
- List documentation requirements for deep sedation/general anesthesia.
- List potential risks and contraindications for local anesthesia.
- Discuss recent findings regarding xylitol and caries risk reduction.
- List a recommended use for restorative procedures described in this course.
- List the clinical examination steps for unfavorable developing dentition and occlusion.
- List the primary objectives for occlusion for each stage of dentition.
- Discuss the protocol for supernumerary teeth from infancy to young adolescent.
- Describe the characteristics, causes and management of odontogenic infections in children.
- Discuss the risks associated with excessive antibiotic therapy.
Find Topics in Pediatric Dentistry in your state