- List at least three examples of oral trauma that may be caused by physical or sexual abuse.
- Identify at least two oral infections that may be the result of a sexually transmitted disease (STD).
- Identify atypical behaviors of the patient or caregiver that may be an attempt to cover up signs of abuse.
- Observe outward bodily signs of abuse in patients.
- Discern dental neglect from inability to pay.
- Decide on appropriate steps to take if and when a patient exhibits signs of abuse. Notify the appropriate authorities or organizations if abuse is suspected.