- Establish an office guideline for when to recommend scaling and root planing (SCRP) to patients.
- Create an appropriate care plan for each SCRP appointment, including adjunctive treatments and time necessary.
- Determine when and how often a periodontal patient should receive follow-up care and maintenance.
- Identify and distinguish at least three different types of codes used for periodontal procedures.
- List at least one example of when each type of periodontal procedure should be used.
- Decide when it is appropriate to refer a periodontal patient from the general office setting to a periodontal specialist.
- List at least five adjunctive procedures that do not require surgical therapy.