What are my licensing requirements?
License Expiration Date: January 31 2021, every 2 years (odd)
CE must be completed by January 15, 2021, our courses expire on this date.
Each course can only be completed 1 time and it does not matter which way they complete (correspondence book or ebook) it will only count 1 time for that license type.
Education Requirements: 8 hours, must include 2 hours of Sanitation and Safety, 1 hour of Board Laws and Rules and five hours of continuing education concerning subject matter relating to the scope of services for each license held by the individual. For the 2021 renewal cycle only the Board has waived the 5 hours related to the scope of services.
- Board Laws and Rules: This 1-hour requirement is only offered by the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology and is offered online at http://www.cos.ohio.gov/CONTINUING-EDUCATION/LAWS-RULES-CLASS
Renewal Fee: Salon Professional $45.00, Instructor $45.00, Independent Contractor $60.00 (Suggest they contact Ohio State Board of Cosmetology.) Renews are only available online at http://www.cos.ohio.gov/Renew-Your-License
State Website: http://cos.ohio.gov/
License Verification: https://elicense.ohio.gov/OH_HomePage
What courses do I need?
The course you need will depend on your license. Below are the courses we have along with the license for which they are approved:
- Infection Control and Safety – Approved for Cosmetologists, Estheticians, Hair Designer, Manicurist, Natural Hair Stylist, Instructor
- CE Update for Ohio Cosmetologists – Approved for Cosmetologists, Hair Designers
- CE Update for Ohio Manicurists – Approved for Cosmetologists, Manicurists
- CE Update for Ohio Estheticians – Approved for Cosmetologists, Estheticians
- CE Update for Ohio Instructors – Approved for Instructors only
Approval: All of our courses are approved by the OH State Board of Cosmetology, visit CEBroker.com for approval information.
Get Courses: You can enroll in any of our courses by visiting the course listings page of our website. Click here to go there.
I have my book, I need to take my test.
If you already have an Elite book, you can go online to take your test and complete your continuing education. Below are the steps you will need to take.
- Step 1: Go to the Elite Learning site
- Step 2: Choose “Cosmetology” from the professions listed at the top of the page
- Step 3: Please click “SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS” from the middle of the pageThe “Complete Your Continuing Education” screen will come up. You will see a box to enter a book code. Find your book code on the back cover of your book as shown below.
- Step 4: You will be prompted to log in if you are an existing user or create an online account if you haven’t done so yet.
- Step 5: You will be taken right into the exam. The first screen will give instructions for completing the exam. Click the right-facing arrow in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. On the next screen, click “Start Quiz”. There will be one question per page.
- After entering all answers, please click “Finish”.
- Step 6: The next screen will give you your test score, the option to retake the exam if you did not pass your first try or a button to “Continue”.
- Step 7: Now, you will be directed to the payment screen.
- Click Checkout.
- Enter your credit card information and finish the checkout process. You will be directed to review your cart before finalizing payment.
- ‘Your payment was processed successfully” will show on your screen with a button that says “Verify Your License Information”. If the license information needs added or updated, please do so here. If all is ok, click “LICENSE INFORMATION LOOKS GOOD, CONTINUE”.
- Click Checkout.
- Step 8: After clicking “Continue”, you will be directed to complete a survey. Click “Submit Answers” at the bottom of the survey after answers are complete.
- After submitting the answers to your survey, your certificate will be available in your dashboard. Just click the “Certificates” tab to access it.
- We report your 7 hours to the State for you in about 1 to 2 business days from completion
- Final step would be to make sure you complete the 1 hour Laws and Rules course on the State board Website at www.cos.ohio.gov, Located under “Continuing Education” and “Laws and Rules Class”.
Do you report my course completions to the state?
Yes we do! We report to the Ohio Board of Cosmetology through CE Broker within 1–2 business days of your completion. There is nothing you need to do to initiate this process. Once you complete your course, we got it! If there are any issues reporting your completion, we will reach out to you.
If you are checking to ensure that your hours were appropriately reported, please allow an additional 1–2 business days for the CE Broker website to be updated with the information we sent them.
Where do I get my certificate?
Here is how you can access your certificate after completing a course.
- You will want to make sure you are on “My Dashboard”
- If you are not there, you can click on “My Courses” in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Be sure that you are logged in. If you are not logged in. Click on Log In at the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Your Dashboard should look like this
3. You can click on Certificates on the left and then navigate to the course you would like the certificate for and then click on View beside the course to view and print your certificate of completion.