What are the requirements for license renewal?
Licenses Expire: Social Workers – Biennial renewals are due by August 31st of even years.
CE Hours Required: LCSW – 40 (20 hours must be clinical), LSW – 30, CSW – 20 (All hours are allowed through home-study)
Mandatory Courses: 5 hours of Ethics, 4 hours of Cultural Competence
Who is the target audience for this course?
This intermediate course is for Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Social Workers and Clinical Social Workers who are required to complete continuing education for license renewal.
How do I complete the course and receive my certificate?
Step 1: Review your Elite continuing education course materials, complete the test and the course evaluation:
- On-Line Submission: Go to https://www.elitecme.com/social-work/new-jersey/online/ and download your course materials if you do not have a printed book.
- When you are ready to take your test, select “SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS” at the top of the page.
- If you pass the test with a score of 75% or better, you will be prompted for your name, address and credit card information. Please have this information available. Once you pass the test, you must provide this information for your course completion to be processed.
- Complete the course evaluation. To receive credit for your courses, completion of the evaluation is mandatory.
- Your certificate of completion will be posted directly to your Elite account upon completion of the mandatory evaluation and you will be able to print or save it at this time.
- Fax Submission: Fax to (386) 673-3563, be sure to include your credit card information. All completions will be processed within 2 business days or receipt and certificates e-mailed to the e-mail address provided.
- Mail Submission: Use the envelope provided or mail to Elite, PO Box 37, Ormond Beach, FL 32175. All completions will be processed and certificates issued within 10 business days from the date it is mailed.*
*Please note- providing a valid e-mail address is the quickest and most efficient way to receive your certificates when submitting via fax, e-mail or mail. Submissions without a valid e-mail address will be mailed to the address provided at registration.
Step 2: How to print your certificate:
- Log into your online account at www.elitecme.com: Click “My Account” in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter your email address and password to sign in to your dashboard.
- Choose the option to “View Certificates” from the pop up or choose the course name from “My Courses” on the left side of the page.
- If you pull up the list of certificates, select view to review and print the correct certificate. If you access the course from “My Courses”, you will need to click the Get Certificate button.
Are my credit hours reported to the New Jersey board?
No, the New Jersey State Board Social Work Examiners and the New Jersey State Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners require licensees to certify at the time of renewal that he/she has complied with the continuing education requirement. The board performs audits at which time proof of continuing education must be provided.
What is your Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Elite’s refund policy is “100% return of funds, if the customer is not completely satisfied.” Customer service staff always has authorization to refund monies to unsatisfied customers. Elite’s policy is always to resolve the problem to the customer’s satisfaction, as quickly as possible. Once approved, refunds are immediately issued to the card on file or by check. Merchant Services typically posts a credit back to the customer account in 7-10 business days. Please contact us by Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 1-866-653-2119, Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, EST.
Is my information secure?
Yes! Our website is secured by Thawte, we use SSL encryption, and we never share your information with third-parties.
What if I still have questions? What are your business hours?
No problem, we have several options for you to choose from! Online at EliteCME.com/Social-Work you will see our robust FAQ section that answers many of your questions, simply click FAQ in the upper right hand corner, Email us at email@example.com or call us toll free at 1-888-857-6920, Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, EST.
Important information for people with disabilities:
Individuals with disabilities who need help registering for a course may contact our customer service team at 1-888-587-6920. We will give you access to the course material in advance if you need to have an interpreter. Our customer service team will also help you with the exam completion process if required.
Important information for licensees:
Always check your state’s board website to determine the number of hours required for renewal, and the amount that may be completed through home-study. Also, make sure that you notify the board of any changes of address. It is important that your most current address is on file.