- Differentiate between the honors that may be available for Military personnel killed in action or as a veteran of the Armed Forces.
- Interpret the definition and meaning of Line of Duty Deaths (LODD) and the role of funeral directors in the services following a LODD.
- Identify the symbolism and origin of many of the honors used in military, law enforcement, fire, and other public servant funerals.
- Recognize the importance of detailed planning, organization, and communication in preparing for a military or LODD service.
- Develop basic procedures and practices for assisting agencies, departments, and organizations who experience a LODD.