- Interpret the definition and meaning of mass fatality incidents (MFIs) and the role of funeral directors and embalmers in such incidents.
- Recognize the vital role funeral service professionals, personnel and related entities have played in historic MFIs.
- Differentiate between the classification levels of MFIs.
- Recognize the infrastructure designed for the occurrence of such incidents, including the roles and responsibilities of various agencies and organizations.
- Design standard operating procedures and plans for staff and personnel in preparation for MFIs impacting one’s local community or area.