Our extensive library of online courses include include free learning aides, multimedia components and are iPad compatible.
Aftercare - Extending a Helping Hand All Year Round
? Define aftercare.
? List several types of aftercare.
? Demonstrate how aftercare can help the funeral home’s business grow.
? Analyze ethical issues within aftercare.
About the author
Thomas Carver is a Florida-licensed funeral director and embalmer. He earned his Associate of Science in Funeral Sciences from Florida Community College at Jacksonville. He has also earned a master’s degree in teaching and learning, as well as a bachelor’s degree in management.
History of Embalming and Restorative Arts
- Discuss some of the reasons different cultures have embalmed their dead.
- Describe the process and materials used to embalm the dead in ancient Egypt.
- Discuss the historical changes affecting the embalming policy from the Dark Ages through the Renaissance.
- Explain how the Civil War changed the history of embalming.
- List three noted early American embalmers and their contributions to the field.
- Name three inventions that significantly changed embalming techniques in the 1800s and 1900s.
- Name the first well-known “demisurgeon” whose restorative techniques were a sensation in the early 1900s.
- Discuss the findings from the recent National Cancer Society research, published in November 2009, and how this may affect the use of formaldehyde in embalming.
- Explain the risks of arsenic in old cemeteries and embalmed bodies and how to protect yourself from exposure to arsenic.
Marketing Within Your Community
- Develop a community-based marketing strategy.
- Identify local needs.
- Recognize and understand your competition.
- Development of marketing channels.
- Distinguishing between fair vs. unfair marketing.
This item is charging for the cost of mailing the physical book. You are not buying the course package. With this purchase you will not receive ce credit. Once you have received the book, you will still need to complete the exam and pay the course fee. Please allow for 2-3 weeks for shipping.
Order physical book by mail: 6 hour funeral SC
Chapter 1: Cremation: The Facts ~ 2 contact hours
Chapter 2: It's Not Your Father's Funeral Home ~ 3 contact hours
Chapter 3: OSHA and CDC Compliance for the Funeral Profession ~ 1 contact hour