Our extensive library of online courses include include free learning aides, multimedia components and are iPad compatible.
2019 Texas Mortuary Law Update
After completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the primary responsibilities of the Texas Funeral Service Commission.
- Explain the requirements needed to renew a license, i.e., continuing education, fees, criminal convictions, etc.
- Review any new legislative changes including amendments and additions to the Texas Administrative Code that went into effect in 2018.
- Summarize the process of an investigation and investigative report when a violation has occurred.
- Discuss inspection procedures and regulations.
2019 Texas Vital Statistics Update
- Describe death registration in the Texas vital registration system.
- Summarize the process of properly filing death certificates.
- Detail any changes made to the rules that govern the funeral industry in Texas, and describe where to access the rules and the changes to the rules on the Internet.
- Discuss how mortality data is collected and used in various medical and health-related research endeavors.
- Discuss your ethical responsibility to the profession.
- Explain your duties and responsibilities to the families you serve.
- Explain the importance and need for confidentiality.
- List a number of funeral-related organizations that teach their own code of ethics.
- Describe your oversight responsibilities in dealing with third-party contractors or other service professional.
Cremation: The Facts
- Explain state variations and crematory regulations.
- Discuss who has the legal authority to authorize cremation.
- Describe the effect that cremation has on the funeral industry, now, and in the foreseeable future.
- Identify changes in religious beliefs regarding the acceptance of the cremation process, and identify which religions expressly prohibit cremation.
Funeral Industry Trends: Moving Forward
- Identify the opportunities for memorialization and personalization.
- List the regulations and benefits of advance funeral planning.
- Recognize the rising demand of technology in funeral services.
- Focus on industry changes and trends.
It's Not Your Father's Funeral Home
- Identify preplanning activities and guidelines to meet changing consumer demands.
- Discuss consumer demands and list options for funeral services and celebrations outside of the funeral home.
- Explain the changes in embalming and cremation, including alternative methods that are growing in popularity.
- Define five technology strategies to expand market coverage and meet client needs.
- Identify components of personalization and strategies to achieve them.
- Discuss the changing roles of women in the industry.
- Compare and contrast the services offered by publicly-owned corporations and private family businesses.
- List innovative commemorative products for the disposition of remains.
Marketing Within Your Community
- Develop a community-based marketing strategy.
- Identify local needs.
- Recognize and understand your competition.
- Development of marketing channels.
- Distinguishing between fair vs. unfair marketing.
This item is charging for the cost of mailing the physical book. You are not buying the course package. With this purchase you will not receive ce credit. Once you have received the book, you will still need to complete the exam and pay the course fee. Please allow for 2-3 weeks for shipping.
Order physical book by mail: 16 hour funeral TX
2019 Texas Mortuary Law Update [2 CE Hours] [State required]
2019 Texas Vital Statistics Update [2 CE Hours] [State required]
Professional Ethics [2 CE Hours] [State required]
Cremation: The Facts [2 CE Hour]
Funeral Industry Trends: Moving Forward [3 CE Hours]
It's Not Your Father's Funeral Home [3 CE Hours]
Marketing Within Your Community [2 CE Hours]