Skip to content
Missouri Pathology of Chronic Conditions for Massage Therapists
- Define pathology and relate it to the practice of massage therapy.
- Describe the different forms of cerebral palsy and how they affect functioning of people.
- Explain what causes cerebral palsy and where its effects are manifested.
- List the kinds of treatments that may be used to help cerebral palsy patients.
- List the symptoms that people with fibromyalgia may exhibit.
- Explain how fibromyalgia is diagnosed.
- List the benefits of massage for people with fibromyalgia and the general types of massage that should be used.
- Explain the differences in symptoms of fibromyalgia and myofascial pain.
- Define trigger points and their relation to myofascial pain.
- List treatments for myofascial pain, including indications for massage.
- Describe the criteria for diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome.
- List possible causes of chronic fatigue syndrome.
- List treatment options for chronic fatigue syndrome.