Skip to content
Understanding the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Discuss the major points of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Identify the “covered entities” of HIPAA.
- Define “business associate” as the term is used in HIPAA.
- Identify the health information that is protected by HIPAA.
- Discuss the permitted uses and disclosures of protected heath information (PHI).
- Discuss the principle of “minimum necessary” use and disclosure.
- Identify the requirements for privacy practices notices.
- Discuss the HIPAA provisions for minors and personal representatives.
- Identify penalties for non-compliance.\n