- Distinguish between HIV infection and AIDS.
- Describe ways to prevent the spread of communicable diseases like HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and hepatitis.
- Describe professional compliance and infection control procedures.
- Explain proper sanitation techniques for your instruments and workplace.
- Identify and explain the main points of OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogen Standard and its applications in massage therapy.
- List the standards and guidelines established for occupational safety and exposure to viral hepatitis, HIV infection, and AIDS.
- Identify ways communicable diseases can be spread in the context of massage therapy and strategies to reduce risk of transmission for increased massage therapist and client safety.