- Develop and implement a clinical reasoning protocol to serve individuals with special needs.
- Explain the concepts of "therapeutic change" and "condition management," and their practical significance to massage therapy and palliative care.
- List some of the benefits of massage for people with chronic and terminal illness.
- Explain the etiology of chronic illness and the differences between acute and chronic illness.
- List some special considerations for elderly clients.
- Define therapeutic change, condition management and palliative care, and describe a context for each.
- Identify indications for massage therapy in chronic illness and explain the benefits of those indications.