About the Course
Identify risk factors for women with autoimmune diseases who become pregnant and ensure safe care for these individuals during their pregnancy period.
- Discuss the backgrounds and symptomology of the conditions discussed.
- Determine when patients can safely conceive based on their medications.
- Describe the co-morbid diseases the conditions may present with.
- Identify which lab testing may be relevant for multiple autoimmune diseases.
- Discuss how to identify normal pregnancy symptoms versus a disease flare in pregnancy.
- Discuss nursing considerations relevant to the autoimmune conditions discussed in this course.
About the Author
Allison Saran, RN, CNM, WHNP-BC
Allison Saran is a certified midwife and women's health nurse practitioner in Neptune, N.J. She received her undergraduate degree from Brandeis University and graduated from Yale School of Nursing in 2016. Her professional interests include autoimmune diseases in pregnancy, contraceptive education access, and family planning counseling.
Find Autoimmune Diseases and Pregnancy in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia