About the Course
After completing this course, the learner will have updated information about the three major skin malignancies as well as how to assess the skin and manage various diseases and disorders of the skin.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the integumentary system.
- Perform an assessment of the integumentary system.
- Describe the pathophysiology and treatment of the three major skin malignancies.
- Discuss nursing considerations when caring for patients with skin cancer.
- Describe the pathophysiology of various nonmalignant skin diseases.
- Differentiate among treatment options for various nonmalignant skin diseases.
- Explain nursing considerations when caring for patients with various nonmalignant skin diseases.
About the Author
Adrianne Avillion, DEd, RN
Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, is an accomplished nursing professional development specialist and health care author. She earned her doctoral degree in adult education and her MS in nursing from Penn State University and a BSN from Bloomsburg University. Dr. Avillion has held a variety of nursing positions as a staff nurse in critical care and physical medicine and rehabilitation settings with emphasis on neurological and mental health nursing as well as a number of leadership roles in nursing professional development. She has published extensively and is a frequent presenter at conferences and conventions devoted to the specialty of continuing education and nursing professional development. Dr. Avillion owns and is the CEO of Strategic Nursing Professional Development, a business that specializes in continuing education for health care professionals and consulting services in nursing professional development.
Find Diseases and Disorders of the Integumentary System in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia