About the Course
Target Audience: The target audience for this education program is nurses working within the emergency department who interact daily with patients presenting with cardiovascular and respiratory emergencies.
Course Overview: This course covers the highlights and important emergency nursing assessment and interventions strategies for patients experiencing cardiovascular and respiratory emergencies.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the various cardiac and respiratory emergency room presentations.
- Compare and contrast the various cardiac and respiratory presentations.
- Differentiate the assessment and interventions required for cardiovascular and respiratory patients.
- Discuss the various differences between pediatric and adult presentations of illnesses.
- Identify key teaching points with each diagnosis to provide preliminary information to patients and families in the emergency department.
About the Author
Jennifer R. Buettner, RN, CEN, currently serves as the nurse educator for the emergency department (ED) at DeKalb Medical Center at Hillandale, Lithonia, Georgia. In this role, Mrs. Buettner works to advance the careers of emergency nurses through education and evidence-based practice. Mrs. Buettner holds certifications in basic disaster life support (BDLS), advanced disaster life support (ADLS). She and is also a certified emergency nurse (CEN), and serves as an advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), pediatric advanced life support (PALS), and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) instructor. She is a course coordinator for the trauma nursing core course (TNCC) and emergency nursing pediatric course (ENPC). She is a current member of the Emergency Nurses Association and an advocate for the Board Certified Emergency Nursing exam.
Find Emergency Nursing Lessons: Cardiovascular and Respiratory Emergencies in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia