About the Course
Audience: This program is designed to provide skilled nurses with additional knowledge and tools to better manage their residents’ medications, thus reducing risks that can cause adverse incidents in assisted-living communities.
- Describe the basics, as well as the regulatory structure, of assisted living.
- Cite where to access information regarding regulations and different levels of care within the learner’s state.
- Summarize the role of unlicensed assistive personnel in the community.
- Incorporate the tools reviewed in this course in order to provide meaningful education and training for all staff, as well as establish a comprehensive medication management plan for the community.
- Assess and design a medication management plan that meets the individual needs of the residents they serve.
- Identify the qualities of polypharmacy and adverse side effects, as well as which events to report.
- Develop a risk-reduction plan that will reduce improper medication use.
About the Author
Stephani Hunt, MSN, RN, WCC, OMS, ONC