- Define adaptive equipment (AE) and durable medical equipment (DME).
- Identify current insurance coverage options for AE and DME.
- Describe OT and PT roles in AE and DME recommendations.
- Demonstrate incidences of appropriate and inappropriate recommendations for AE and/or DME.
- Examine environmental details of a patient’s discharge destination that would impact AE/DME recommendations.
- Assess a patient’s cognitive function and its impact on AE/DME recommendations.
- Evaluate a patient’s physical function and its impact on AE/DME recommendations.
- Prepare an accessible list of AE/DME resources for low-income patients and their families/caregivers.
Find Adaptive Equipment (AE) and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) in your state