About the Course
This online course consists of:
- Define the terms cultural competence, race, ethnicity, and culture as they apply to the health care system.
- Describe how race and culture relate to health.
- Identify patterns and epidemiology of health disparities and strategies to address them.
- Appreciate diversity and the importance of effective cross-cultural communication in clinical encounters.
- List assessment tools to help the physician identify personal attitudes toward culture and cultural differences, and improve patient-physician communication.
Find Cultural Competency in your state