- Define HIV, AIDS, their relationship and the differences between them.
- Identify how HIV is transmitted from one person to another – and how it is NOT spread.
- List risk factors for infection with HIV.
- Describe HIV tests and what they measure.
- Define CD4 counts and “viral loads.”List ways a person who is HIV-positive can avoid transmitting the virus to others.
- Name the common “opportunistic infections.”
- Explain HIV “drug cocktails” and their role in treating people with HIV.
- List common side effects of HIV/AIDS drugs.