Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the impact of TB both globally and in the U.S. using statistics and data.
- Discuss the types of TB and their differences.
- Recognize the older and newer drugs for treating TB, and the appropriate doses.
- Discuss the common adverse effects of each drug and how to manage patients who are experiencing them.
- Design a treatment regimen for patients with each type of pulmonary TB.
- Itemize the various methods used to ensure patient compliance to TB treatment.