About the Course
- Define major depression.
- Describe the different types of depression.
- Discuss the incidence and prevalence of major depression.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of major depression.
- Discuss possible causes of major depression.
- Explain how major depression is diagnosed.
- Identify the classifications of drugs used to treat depression.
- Explain the action of each classification of antidepressant drug therapy.
- Describe the side effects of each classification of antidepressant drug therapy.
- Identify herbs used in the treatment of depression.
- Explain the potential reactions when using herbs for the treatment of depression.
- Summarize important considerations for patient education.
About the Author
Katie Ingersoll, RPh, PharmD, and Staff Pharmacist for a national chain.
Author Disclosure: Katie Ingersoll and Elite do not have any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this lesson.