About the Course
After the pharmacist has concluded this knowledge-based activity, he or she will be qualified and able to:
- Understand the role of the Drug Enforcement Administration in regulating the use of controlled substances.
- Appreciate the importance of a controlled system of distribution to best manage transactions involving controlled substances.
- Develop a general understanding of how to schedule controlled substances.
- Become familiar with the appropriate DEA forms needed to document the transaction of controlled substances.
- Describe the requirements of both electronic and paper-based controlled substance record keeping systems.
- Understand the requirements for inventorying controlled substances.
- Understand that there are requirements for Internet pharmacies dispensing controlled substances that are unique and apart from those needed to dispense non-controlled substances.
About the Author
Brad Gillespie, PharmD who has over 20 years' experience spanning the regulatory, pharmaceutical biotech and human nutritional supplement industries.
Author Disclosure: Bradley Gillespie and Elite Professional Education do not have any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this lesson.