- Summarize the anatomy and physiology of the skin.
- Discuss the factors that affect skin integrity.
- Discuss wounds and the wound healing process.
- List the most commonly encountered wounds and the major classifications of wound types.
- Discuss factors that delay the wound healing process.
- Identify the presentation, indications and methods of use for each dressing type and other wound management products.
- Discuss the most appropriate wound products for commonly encountered wounds and how to select the products for pressure ulcers, arterial ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, surgical wounds and burns.