About the Course
- Summarize the common terminology regarding the types of cancer, the means and the methods of diagnosing cancer as well as the information compiled that helps to determine the staging of cancer.
- Discuss the effects, impairments and complications that can result from cancer treatments.
- Classify the differentiation between non-specific chemotherapy agents and targeted chemotherapy agents, how each work as well as examples of each.
- Describe the effects that cancer treatment may have on a patient’s level of function, and discuss factors that can affect a patient’s ability to return to their previous level of function.
- Define the phases, goals and components of a rehabilitation plan for an oncology patient.
- Classify the types of physical and occupational therapy used in oncology rehabilitation. Discuss a basic plan of care for a patient who has received cancer treatment and whose goal it is to return to his or her previous level of function.