- Define osteoporosis and discuss the physiological implications that it can have on those individuals it affects.
- Identify the demographic group most at risk for osteoporosis, the reasons why this group is highly susceptible to the condition and ways in which this group can implement lifestyle adjustments to maintain a sustainably positive health outcome.
- Discuss specific risk factors associated with osteoporosis, as well as precautions certain demographics groups may take to prevent the development of the condition.
- Discuss some adverse social effects that osteoporosis can have on those affected, which may cause a reduced health-related quality of life (HRQL).
- Summarize diet and lifestyle considerations that may help prevent, minimize or eliminated the risk of osteoporosis; list effective exercises that may contribute to better health outcomes.
- Describe certain environmental factors that may contribute and/or aid in minimizing the risk of osteoporosis.
- Illustrate various screening and diagnosing standards for osteoporosis.