- Summarize the importance of professional values and ethics in psychology.
- Distinguish between the general principles and the ethical standards of the American Psychological Association’s (APA’s) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
- Describe potential ethical dilemmas.
- Explore methods for analyzing ethical issues.
- Describe what to do when an ethical or boundary violation occurs.
- Review and understand recent scholarship regarding ethical standards and issues surrounding the provision of psychological services via the internet.
- Explore case examples of ethical standards.