Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) as it relates to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) (2013).
- Identify personality disorder as it relates to the DSM-5.
- Compare NPD to other Cluster B Personality Disorders, outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, Fifth Edition, (2013).
- Explain the male and female prevalence of NPD.
- Describe at least three relationship characteristics of individuals with NPD.
- Identify at least five diagnostic criteria for NPD as they relate to the DSM-5.
- Recognize challenges to treating individuals with NPD.
- Describe treatment for individuals with NPD.
- Compare and describe ICD Revision 10 personality disorder criteria to DSM-5 personality disorder criteria.
- Explain how NPD affects relationships.