Here are five ways you can show your clients some love.
Salon professionals all have one common goal—to retain clientele and keep them happy. Do you ever stop to think how much it costs you to find new clients? Instead of spending that money, think about ways to show your clients love. You may already know that repeat customers are the best path to growth—if your clients are happy, they’re going to recommend you to their friends and family, which in turn will help grow your business.
- Meet & Greet. When your clients walk into your salon are they greeted with a smile? Are you happy and welcoming when they walk in? You should always be as warm and personable as possible when greeting your clients. Offer them a drink and make them welcome and happy to be back.
- P’s & Q’s. Manners should never go out the window, no matter how relaxed you might feel when talking to your clients. “Please” and “thank you” go a long way and should be added to every conversation with your clients.
- Get Creative. That handwritten letter or Christmas card is not a lost cause! Going out of your way to add a personal touch for your clients is a sure way to make them feel special. Also, listen to your clients’ needs and create a special treatment plan for them—it will let them know you are caring for their specific needs.
- Don’t Forget the Details. “How is your dog, Sammy, doing?” “How was your vacation?” Remembering important information about your clients and then going the extra step to ask them about it will mean the world to them. Your clients will be surprised you remembered such detail and it’ll bring you two closer.
- Discounts. What client doesn’t love a discount? Your clients will feel extra special if you offer them a customized, special discount. A great, personalized way is to offer them a special promotion for their birthday.
You love your clients and want to make sure they feel that love! It’s easy to get caught in the day-to-day logistics and forget about the people that make up your clientele. It doesn’t take a whole lot to make your clients feel special and you should be doing your best to do this every time they walk in.