About the Course
This course is designed to help you:
- Identify the prevalence of psychiatric disorders in persons with HIV/AIDS;
- Recognize common mental disorders in HIV-infected clients;
- Explain the best techniques for assessment of mental health issues in persons with HIV/AIDS;
- Describe the pharmacological treatments available for mental health disorders;
- Assess the risks for abuse of psychiatric medications;
- Analyze risk factors for suicide and self-harm in persons who are HIV-infected; and
- Apply various types of counseling best-suited for persons who have HIV/AIDS.
About the Author
Marvin C. Chaffin, II, M.S., LMCH
Marvin C. Chaffin, II, M.S., LMCH, a licensed Mental Health Counselor for over 10 years, is the Director of Lakeview Center in Pensacola, FL where he serves as co-chair of the Clinical Practice Committee and chairperson of the Clinical Training Committee. Mr. Chaffin obtained his Master of Science degree in Counseling and Human Development from Troy State University. His experience includes management of adult substance abuse treatment facilities, extensive experience in behavioral health accreditation standards, as well as expertise in formulating systems and protocols to facilitate ease of access to service. He is a firm believer in the recovery process and a staunch advocate for individuals with addictive disorders.
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 329.3ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;