About the Course
- Define opioid dependence.
- Understand the diagnosis of opioid dependence.
- Describe opioid withdrawal.
- Understand the history of opioid use in the United States and related legal implications.
- Understand what opioid-dependent populations benefit from methadone and buprenorphine medical management.
- Understand why methadone provides effective medical management for opioid dependence.
- Understand why methadone can be used with pregnant women.
- Understand how buprenorphine is used with opioid dependence.
- Understand different research that validates medical management for opioid dependence.
- Provide treatment information in early recovery with health care and counseling professionals.
About the Author
Kathryn Brohl, MA, LMFT has over 30 years of experience as an administrator, writer, psychotherapist, frontline worker, trainer and consultant. She has published five books, two of which were best-selling, "When Your Child Has Been Molested: A Parent's Guide for Healing and Recovery" and "Working With Traumatized Children: A Handbook For Healing." Kathryn has trained social workers throughout the United States, Canada and Australia, and her expert interviews have been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Parents' Magazine, The Washington Post and others. Kathryn currently works on the Innovations Team with Children's Home Society of Florida.
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 24.95ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;