About the CourseThis course consists of:
- Understand the definition of developmental disabilities.
- Understand typical developmental and screening indicators for children aged 0-3.
- Identify the four categories of developmental disabilities.
- Understand intellectual disabilities.
- Understand Down syndrome.
- Understand pervasive developmental disorders/autism spectrum disorders.
- Learn about the features, etiology and prevalence of specific developmental disabilities.
- Understand treatments strategies available for developmental disabilities.
- Gain deeper perspective from case stories about how developmental disabilities affect individuals and families.
About the Author
Donna M. Skinner, MSW
Donna M. Skinner, MSW, acquired her B.S. in Psychology, with a concentration in Human Development from the University of Scranton and completed her Master of Social Work, with a specialization in Addictions, at the University of Central Florida. For over a decade, Ms. Skinner has been working with at-risk populations as a case manager, program manager and as a family therapist. Her experience as Program Supervisor of the Healthy Start Program where she oversees all aspects of operations for the program demonstrates her dedication to teamwork and her high standards of professional ethics. Ms. Skinner is the winner of the statewide Values Matter award for Diversity and Innovation, and she has been recognized by the Children's Home Society of Florida on numerous occasions where she serves as Chair of the agency's Training Committee.
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 68.42ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;