About the Course
- Identify common types of mental health disorders in the aging population.
- Explain etiology and factors that influence the development of mental disorders among aging groups.
- Discuss how culture influences mental health among the aging population.
- Describe assessment and treatment methods for mental disorder in the aging population.
- Identify the role of social worker to promote mental health in the aging population.
- List prevention and intervention programs to address mental health in the aging population.
About the Author
Leah K. Walker, L.M.F.T., PhD
Leah Walker, LMFT, has been practicing as a family therapist since 1994, after graduating with a master's in family studies from Mercer University in Macon, GA. Most of her clinical work was with children and adolescents and their families. She has twenty years of clinical experience, including five years as a clinical supervisor in inpatient, outpatient, partial hospitalization programs and in-home family therapy. She specialized in working with military families, infant mental health and adoptive families. In addition, she has also been a substance abuse counselor. At this time, Ms. Walker is a senior manager in a psychiatric hospital, overseeing quality improvement and risk management.
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 63.86ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;