About the Course
This course is appropriate for social workers, professional counselors, licensed mental health clinicians and psychologists.
Upon completion of this course the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate the benefits of providing trauma-informed care to all older adults.
- Give 10 examples of trauma older adults may have experienced.
- Describe differences between immediate reactions and later reactions to trauma.
- Identify five ways in which aging can trigger PTSD.
- Delineate the three main elements incorporated in trauma-informed care.
- Develop ideas for incorporating trauma-informed care into their practice.
About the Author
Alison Solomon has over 25 years of experience as a psychotherapist, consultant, frontline worker, administrator, adjunct faculty member and writer. She has published numerous articles and chapters in various peer-reviewed journals and has presented at both national and international conferences. She is enthusiastic about education and training and has provided guidance to other professionals from all sectors of the mental health profession. She enjoys utilizing what she has learned in her many years of education and experience to produce quality professional development material for social workers, psychologists and mental health clinicians.
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 65.8ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;