Our extensive library of online courses include include free learning aides, multimedia components and are iPad compatible.
This course fulfills the 1 hour requirement for Drug Dispensing
This course fulfills the 2 hour requirement for Laws and Rules in Florida.
- Describe the current range of feline heartworm disease, discussing changes in range that have occurred as a result of urbanization and climate change.
- Identify whether or not a cat is at risk of feline heartworm disease.
- Explain the pathophysiology and clinical signs of heartworm-associated respiratory disease in cats.
- Compare the incidence of feline heartworm disease to other well-known feline infectious diseases, such as feline leukemia and feline immunodeficiency virus.
- Compare and contrast the diagnostic tests currently available for feline heartworm disease, including heartworm antigen tests, heartworm antibody tests, microfilaria tests, and imaging modalities.
- Convince clients of the importance of feline heartworm disease and the need for consistent, year-round, monthly heartworm prevention.
- Design a monitoring protocol for a cat with asymptomatic heartworm disease.
- Create a treatment protocol for a cat with clinical signs of heartworm-associated respiratory disease.